Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cleaning, Christmas and Angel

Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Welcome Christmas! Bring your cheer!
Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Welcome all who's far and near!


That's right people, Christmas is literally in 5 days! [including today]
Have you gotten your presents wrapped? Stockings hung? Last minute stuff bought?

Have you? HAVE YOU!?

Well ... I haven't. Not entirely at least.

There's some last minute changes/adjustments, last minute shopping [stocking stuffers pretty much] and maybe a few other things.

My Christmas started somewhat early for me.
Went to my Nana's for early Christmas. It was me, mum, dad, Matt, my cousin Connor, my aunt Debbie and uncle Sam.

Matt and I got money - which we are putting towards getting a Tassimo machine. I seriously want one. Neither of us are big on coffee so it kind of works. My mum's basically a coffee addict so it would be useless for her.

At least we'd be able to offer our guests coffee, hot chocolate, etc when they come over.


Speaking of house guests, our house warming party is next month. Then the day after that I get Angel! I miss my bear so much. He's so cuddly when I go to my parents. It's just hard to adjust knowing that he's not here.

This is Angel's "Mama I miss yew" face

Angel when we first got him [fyi - he's 6 now]

Our first picture together. It was webcam. I had to wear that sweater for awhile because when we first got Angel, he was extremely nervous. So he'd hide. That sweater helped me be able to hold him without being clawed to death.


I did some cleaning today. Taking the new vacuum out of the box is like being a kid at Christmas [ironic, I know] The vacuum is tiny but super powerful.

It's the Fantom Power Pet

I am not doing this because the company asked me to. This was a gift from my dad when I moved.

When Matt and I were searching for a vacuum there were a few things we needed it to do.
- Apartment friendly
- Pet fur
- Able to use on tile

We looked at a few places and we decided between the Fantom or another one [I THiNK it was Dirt Devil Power Pet? Not 100% sure] My mum knew we were looking so she helped a little bit [she knows vacuums, she spent 2500% on hers - this also was 10 years ago. Life time warranty, etc. It's epic. Seriously.]

I suppose my parents spoke about this and my dad calls me into their room one night. My dad pulls out the box. I am shocked, seriously.


Today I got to use it. I know it sounds horrible - not vacuuming for almost a month. It's not, I swear. With all the renovations going on, I just decided to wait until it's finish before vacuuming.

What a powerful little machine! It's so mini! I was so surprised when I took it out of the box. The attachments are ridiculous. I have baking soda, so that helped the carpets a little bit.



Well this has been a long enough post!

Hope everyone's having a safe holiday so far. Not sure if I'll be posting again until after Christmas.

xo
Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment