Friday, December 16, 2011

christmas and sickies

Hey Everyone!

Oh I am typing this in my jammies and housecoat. I have a viral infection in my chest. My throat is red and irritated plus my glands are swollen. My mama's got strep so when I went to the clinic, I told them I was exposed to it so they could do a swab.

Luckily it wasn't strep because right now I cannot afford to miss work or afford antibiotics. Why is medication so expensive? Well I am drinking my weight in tea [mmm ....], having lots of ice cream/Popsicles.

Actually one huge unfortunate thing is the fact that my stomach has been causing a lot of issues because of being sick. Apparently one of the side effects of viral infections is being sick to your stomach. I looked it up because - as slim the chances are - it's the same as being pregnant. Which I am not, for the record. I ended up researching symptoms of viral infections because I came home the other night, Matt had made hamburger helper [the idea of it still makes me nauseous] and I had been gagging at the scent. [this was the day before I went to the clinic]

When I went to the clinic, one of the questions was about nausea,etc. I told the dr that I actually felt really nauseous to scents I had smelt before. He said that's normal with viral infections because it can "attack" various part of the immune system. I had no idea but that made me feel better. I was a tad concerned on why I was feeling sick to scents.

Now I'm on tylenol [for aches and fever], dry cough/sore throat syrup, and tons of water. Still hurts like hell when I swallow anything not soft and while Matt's lunch was baking, the scent was making me gag again. [Tomato paste, shredded cheese and garlic on bread - like a pizza]

It'll take awhile for me to be 100% because, if anyone's had a viral infection, you can't do much with it. It has to take it's course.




Well weekend plans have been cut short. I was suppose to go to dinner and a movie with Lori and her daughter Sarah but because of myself and my mother being sick [she has strep throat] we had to cancel.

Sunday, Matt, my parents and I are going to my Nana's to see Connor [cousin] and my aunt and uncle for an early Christmas.

SPEAKiNG OF CHRiSTMAS!

I have stocking stuffers left and I AM DONE!

I am so excited to get everyone to open their gifts. I really put a lot of thought into people's gifts. I just need to do some baking for some gifts [I feel bad because I can't afford much but I'm doing so much freaking baking .... omg]


Anyways, I've got to head out because I'm meeting my mum to get some stocking stuffers.


xo
Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment