Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Allergies in Winter?

Hey everyone!

I finally figured out why I've been getting such headaches lately!

I'm not 100% but it's either just sinus congestion or a sinus infection. For awhile I was blowing my nose every morning with half blood and half mucus. The blood was from the fact it's quite dry in my place, but with carefully placed containers of water that was adjusted. Now it's just sinus pain.

Yesterday I woke up with a major sore throat and kept spitting out mucus. Nasal drip! Now today I woke up and couldn't breath through one side of my nose.

Luckily we have some sinus medication but I also did this miracle thing called "Neti-Pot"





Basically you take warm water [they say to boil it to make sure it's safe] into the little pot, mix in the saline [ie; special salt basically] solution and pour it through one half of your nose. The water will go through your sinus' and come out the other side. Basically, do this over a sink or bucket.

Up side:
It helps allergies and sinus problems.

Down side:
You feel like you're drowning.

For me, it works better than sprays. Especially because I am very prone to nasal drip. For those who don't know, nasal drip is when mucus drips down the back of your throat and causes major irritation.
So when I poured the neti-pot through my nose, not only did my eyes water but I started to drool. [not a cute look for anyone]


Keep in mind, I don't have a cold or any cold symptoms and this is all started because of allergies. Luckily I go to the clinic next week, so I'm going to see about going back to the allergist and getting retested. I think I probably qualify for the allergy shots now - especially with last year's hay fever incident.


I'm so glad the apartment is starting to look really great. Minus random boxes that Matt has yet to go through, the living room is great. We still need curtains because our bedroom had sunshine straight into my eyes. Summer might be brutal if we don't get curtains because we get the morning sun.

I'm so picky so it'll be hard. We finally got new bedding. Grey and black. Also finally got a new trashcan! We had a silver one that was such a weird shape that when it was full, you take it out and half the trash bag was empty! Got a really good one at Wal*Mart yesterday for 15$


It's getting to be really nice out, so I open the window a lot. Definitely helps with the allergies but not great. I'm surprised how nice it's been. Especially for February! Makes life easier because since it's relatively nice out I can wear skirts with leggings.



Well that's about it

Neti-Pot lovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment